The virtual masterclass will provide an overview on treatments and standard methods in evaluating the physiology and biology of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Special emphasis will be given to the pharmacological management and the monitoring of airway diseases using biomarkers, physiology and imaging. It will also discuss the latest guidelines available in asthma and COPD and offer the opportunity for participants to interact in case-based sessions and workshops.
An application will be submitted to EBAP (European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology) for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that participants will receive will correspond to the time spent viewing the sessions live.
- Interactive workshops
- Case-based sessions
Please note that all timings are in Central European Time (CET). Recordings of each session will be made available to registered participants after the event.
- Biological phenotypes and endotypes and their clinical implication
- Biological therapy in airway diseases
- Imaging asthma and COPD
- Digital innovation
- COVID-19 and airway diseases
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Have greater knowledge of pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment
- Understand the investigation and management of asthma and COPD
- Work in teams in the follow-up of the disease
- Improve their communication skills
- Research fellows
- Allied respiratory professionals