This course will provide an overview of the field of Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILDs). Participants will learn which diagnostic procedures should be applied based on given clinical circumstances and will receive updates on specific diseases and treatment. This interactive course includes round table discussions from the faculty panel in Heidelberg, Germany. Course attendees will have the opportunity to present their cases and discuss them with leading experts.
An application for accreditation will be submitted to the EBAP (European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology). The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the onsite course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
The programme is divided into three days onsite (first day Welcome Reception, followed by a two-day full course) in Heidelberg, Germany, and a half-day virtual session.
The formats will include:
- Case presentations, with discussions
- Round table discussions
- Interactive workshops
- Live transmissions
Please note that all timings are in Central European Time (CET). Recordings of each session will be made available after the event to registered participants.
- ILD diagnosis
- Update on diagnostic procedures in ILDs, including a pre-recorded cryo-biopsy procedure
- Current, novel and future therapies
- Specific diseases and conditions
- COVID and ILD
- Overview of different ILDs
- Diagnostic procedures in ILDs, including modern bronchoscopic techniques, HR-CT, pathology, pulmonary function testing
- Current, novel and future therapies
- Basic research in ILDs and its implications
- Significant comorbidities in ILDs
- Pulmonologists in training
- Radiologists specialised in thoracic imaging
- Pathologists specialised in thoracic pathology
Following this course, participants will:
- Be able to diagnose ILDs correctly and be aware of the advantages and limitations of the different approaches
- Be familiar with the current standards and challenges of ILD treatment and promising new targets
Participant case submission
Take this opportunity and submit a 5-minute pre-recording of your case presentation for the Interactive ILD Board sessions by 20 February 2023.
Upload your narrated presentation here.
The organising committee will select 6 cases to be shown and discussed. We will inform you once the chosen cases are confirmed. Please make sure that you will be available to attend the session live and do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions.
Phone: +49 6221 3960
A limited number of bursaries are available, which will cover the cost of the registration fee.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Under 40 years old
- A member of ERS
Please note that only one bursary may be allocated per person, per calendar year.
To apply, sign in to your myERS account when registering for this course. If you meet the criteria listed above, you will have the option to apply for the bursary at the time of registration.
You will be prompted to complete a digital form as part of the bursary application and to upload your CV. Please complete the form, attach your CV and then submit.
Please note that only completed application forms with an attached CV will be considered.
- Bursary application deadline: 9 January , 2023
- Bursary application notification: 30 January 2023
Upon receipt of a written cancellation, a refund of fees, minus €50 administrative fee, will be applied up to 6 weeks before the course. After this date no refund will be made for cancellations.
By agreeing to attend this course, you agree to comply with reasonable instructions and safety policies of local host facilities. The organiser does not endorse any hotel, restaurant or other facility which may be recommended. If the course involves patients acting as volunteers, you agree to respect their wishes, dignity and needs.
You may access the General Terms & Conditions at anytime.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com