Part one of this three-part endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) certified training programme covers the theoretical knowledge that is required for EBUS. The clinical literature relevant to EBUS will be reviewed and the equipment and techniques used for this procedure will be demonstrated.
Prior to the online course, all participants are requested to study online modules which cover topics such as anatomy, indications and contraindications, imaging modalities and basic ultrasound.
A week after taking part in the course, participants must complete an online test consisting of 30 multiple choice questions. Participants have to complete the test within one hour and answer at least 21 questions (70%) correctly.
Participants who fail the online test can register to re-sit the test via myERS for an administrative fee of €50. If a participant fails to pass the online test on the second attempt, the participant will be required to re-start the training programme.
Only participants who successfully pass the online test will be awarded a certification of completion for part one and will be able to proceed with part two of the EBUS training programme.
- Online modules
- Breakout sessions
- Pre-recorded procedures with live commentaries
- Live procedures
- Panel discussions
- Online assessment
Following completion of this training programme, participants should be able to:
- Independently assess patient history and results
- Identify indications and contraindications
- Perform independent procedures
- Interpret results and draw conclusions
- Qualified medical doctors with previous experience in:
- TNM classification of malignant tumours
- Staging patients – oncology and other conditions
|ERS early career members||€900|