This event, marking World TB Day, brought together experts to discuss TB diagnostic and health services for refugees and migrants.
View the agenda for the event
Aim of the event
Health experts, policy makers and healthcare professionals came together to discuss improving access to TB diagnostic and health services for refugees and migrants.
- Michel Kazatchkine, Special Advisor to the World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe
- Paul Sommerfeld, Chair, TB Europe Coalition ( access Paul’s presentation)
- Andrei Dadu, Medical Officer, TB Team, WHO Regional Office for Europe
- Ivan Solovic, Associate Professor, National Institute for TB, Lung Diseases and Thoracic Surgery, Slovakia (access Ivan’s presentation)
- Oxana Rucsineanu, Executive Director, SMIT Association, Coordinator for TB NGOs and KAP Platforms, Moldova (access Oxana’s presentation)
- Baroness Suttie, Co-Chair of the Western Europe region of the Global TB Caucus
During the roundtable, speakers discussed:
- Migration and TB
- TB services for refugees and migrants across the WHO European Region
- Tackling TB in refugees in Europe
- Supporting TB and HIV people fleeing Ukraine