Taking place on 6 April, this ERS Vision Live panel discussion focussed on the management of acute pulmonary embolism.
The expert panellists discussed key areas, including:
- The first steps in caring for a patient with acute pulmonary embolism
- The recent evolution in the management of anticoagulant therapy for patients with pulmonary embolism and cancer.
- What we can expect from more advanced therapies in patients with acute pulmonary embolism.
- Prof. Laurent Bertoletti – Head of the vascular unit in the university hospital from St-Etienne, France, national coordinator of the RIETE registry, the larger on-going registry of patients with venous thromboembolism, and coordinator of the French INNOVTE network, a network involved in the VTE research.
- Prof. Remedios Otero – Pulmonologist in Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio (HUVR) of Seville (Spain), Head of a group of experimental laboratories in respiratory diseases in Biomedicine Institute in Seville (IBIS) and Associate Professor in the Seville University and part of the multidisciplinary research network CIBER of Respiratory Diseases.
- Prof. Dr. Stavros Konstantinides – Professor for Clinical Trials and Medical Director of the multidisciplinary Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis (CTH) at the University of Mainz, Germany, and Professor of Cardiology at the Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
- Dr. David Jiménez Castro – Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Alcalá, Madrid, Spain, and Chief of both the Venous Thromboembolism Programme, and the Respiratory Department, at the Ramón y Cajal Hospital , Madrid.
- Prof. Cecilia Becattini – Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Perugia, Italy.
- Prof. Olivier Sanchez – Professor of pneumology at the University Paris Cité, and head of the department of respiratory and intensive care medicine at European Georges Pompidou Hospital in Paris, France.