How to deliver a training programme
A programme organiser must be identified, who will be responsible for the delivery of the entire spirometry training programme. Programme organisers must have the following qualifications and experience:
- a certified degree in respiratory physiology or a related field.
- experience in procedures and instrumentation for spirometry testing.
- experience in interpretation of spirometry.
- at least five years’ experience in the supervision of a pulmonary function laboratory or extensive spirometry service.
Once a suitable programme organiser has been identified, the organiser must:
- complete the ERS spirometry: become a programme organiser course, which takes place each year at the ERS International Congress.
- review and acknowledge their understanding of the training programme guidelines.
- complete the programme application form and a CV for each faculty member. This must be completed and emailed to email@example.com at least six months prior to the desired programme start date.
- incorporate and support the involvement of an ERS international spirometry expert in the running of your programme. This is typically only needed for the first time that you run the programme.
Following approval, organisers will receive:
- a set of guidelines for running the programme.
- standardised educational materials for trainers including presentations, videos and other resources.
- supporting educational tools for trainers and participants and assessment information, including an online test and guidelines for practical assessment.