The Lung Science Conference is at the forefront of basic and translational respiratory science and it is an essential event for budding respiratory researchers looking to boost their career. It offers a unique opportunity to network with peers from across the globe and it will feature cutting-edge abstracts on novel experimental lung research.
Late-breaking abstract submission
We are now accepting late-breaking abstract submissions for the ERS Lung Science Conference 2017. The submission deadline is Thursday, 2 February at 13:00 hrs CET (Central European Time). This deadline will not be extended. In order to meet the criteria, a late-breaking abstract must:
- contain novel data which only became available after the standard submission deadline in November
- be of outstanding scientific quality and fit the main topics of the Conference
- represent an additional asset for the scientific programme
There are a limited number of bursaries available upon application for the highest quality abstracts.
In order to submit an abstract:
- Connect to your personal MyERS account
- Click on "Abstracts" and then on "Other Conferences"
- Choose the Lung Science Conference late-breaking abstracts
Registration for the Lung Science Conference 2017 is open. Do not miss the opportunity to attend!
Special features of the ERS Lung Science Conferences
3 competitions are organised throughout the Conference:
- The Young Investigator Session Award: for young presenters (35 years old or less at the time of the Conference) who submitted an outstanding abstract
- The Best Oral Presentation Award
- Distinguished Poster Awards
Each abstract author who receives a bursary is appointed a mentor. Together, they can discuss both scientific and career questions during a dedicated mentorship lunch on the first day of the Conference.
Early Career session
A special session for the LSC Early Career delegates is organised every year, for the Saturday afternoon of the Conference.