Why write an abstract?
An abstract is a shortened version of a research paper. This is a great opportunity as:
- it provides the first chance for you to announce and cite the preliminary findings of your study;
- it allows you to communicate your findings to your peers and get their feedback;
- it is the starting point for achieving the ultimate aim of a research project, the writing and publishing of a full paper in peer-reviewed literature.
Accepted abstracts will be presented by the author in one of the following sessions:
- Young Investigator session (presenters who are 40 years of age or less at the time of the LSC)
- Thematic Poster session
Accepted abstracts will be published in the ERJ Open Research.
Mentorship session - bursary
Bursary for the virtual LSC will consider selection to the mentorship session.
Authors of the best scored abstracts will be selected to the online session where together with an appointed mentor will discuss both scientific and career topics. Selection from the pool of applicants will be made by the organising committee based on the submission of a curriculum vitae.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Under 40 years of age
- A member of the ERS
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in the lung science research as part of your future career
Online submission via myERS enables you to create an account and save your abstract. If you already have an account, you will be able to submit your abstract directly using your myERS credentials. Then, select the “Abstracts/Cases” tab and “LSC”.
Before you submit an abstract, please carefully read the instructions on how to write a good abstract and the submission guidelines, which are available together on the abstract submission platform.
Deadlines and notification of selection
|25 September 2020||Abstract submission opens|
|15 December 2020 at 23:59 CET||Abstract submission closes|
|Mid-January 2021||Abstract authors will be notified of the status of their abstract|
Do you have a question?
For technical questions, contact the technical support team.
For any other queries, please contact the ERS office: email@example.com.