Apply now to join the Fellowship Programme on Guideline Methodology
15 April, 2019
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019-20 Fellowship on Guideline Methodology. The application deadline is 17 June, 2019 at 23:59 (CET).
This fellowship is the result of an exciting collaboration between ERS, Cochrane Iberoamerica and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and we are pleased to offer this opportunity to our members once again, following two successful years of running the programme.
The fellowship is designed to meet the increasing demand for well-developed, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. It provides the necessary training and placements for researchers to gain the theoretical and practical skills required for developing high quality guidelines. The programme encompasses two parts: the first is dedicated to training in systematic reviews, hosted by Cochrane Iberoamerica in Barcelona, Spain. The second focuses on developing guidelines and is hosted by NICE in Manchester, UK.
Read the rules and regulations carefully before applying.
Terms and conditions
- All applicants must be ERS members at the time of application
- Candidates should be postgraduates holding a university degree in any field related to respiratory medicine or science (MD, MSc, PhD, MD-PhD). Alternatively, candidates may be qualified professionals (non-MD) either working in or with an interest in working in evidence-based medicine (epidemiologists, statisticians, allied health professionals).
- Candidates should be currently engaged in or have a high interest in evidence-based medicine, methodology or guideline development
- There is no upper age limit for eligibility. However, preference will be given to applicants who are in the early stages of their career.
- Candidates must be fluent in English
- On completion of the fellowship, applicants will be expected to provide methodological support to at least one ERS Task Force aiming to produce a clinical practice guideline
- Fellowships will last 6 months (3 months for the first part and 3 months for the second part). Duration may not be reduced nor split.
- Fellowships must commence after funding decision dates, allowing for sufficient time to complete travel, visa, passport and housing formalities
- The fellowship is to be carried out on a full-time basis. The total ERS grant amount should cover living costs and flat travel costs from home to host institutions and back.
The following items are required as part of your application:
- A brief CV (including a list of publications)
- A letter of motivation
- A scanned copy of your passport or national identity card
- A scanned copy of your highest degree (PhD, MD, MSc, etc)
The call is open until Monday 17 June, 2019 at 23:59 (CET). Applicants selected for interview will be informed in early August 2019. Interviews will be held during the ERS Congress in Madrid (28 September – 2 October, 2019) and successful candidates will be informed by the end of September, 2019. The training will take place either from January to June or from April to September (dates TBC).
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org